Re: iio: dht11 broken

From: Harald Geyer
Date: Mon Dec 01 2014 - 05:57:05 EST

Hi Richard!

Richard Weinberger writes:
> Staring with 3.12 gpiolib refuses to set an GPIO used as IRQ into output mode.
> see commit d468bf9e (gpio: add API to be strict about GPIO IRQ usage)
> The dht driver does this and is therefore not functional.
> As the dht11 driver got merged in 3.13 there is a high chance that it
> never worked.

Well, I'm developing on mxs and there it works on 3.13 and 3.14 at least.
(I have it in production using 3.14.18 ATM.)

> Harald, are you aware of this issue?

I got one report about this issue, but couldn't reproduce it yet and
the reporter didn't agree to quoting his messages to kernel mailing lists,
so this has been rather low priority on my todo list. Next plan is to
see if I can reproduce the issue on sunxi (A10).

However anybody able to reproduce this and willing to test patches, would
of course push this up on my todo list.

Any input from gpiolib people about what the proper fix would be in
their opinion, of course is appreciated. I don't think the dht11 driver
is doing anything unreasonable per se, so maybe they can clarify how
the API is intended to be used?

Harald