Re: <PulseAudio>

From: Chateau DuBlanc
Date: Tue Nov 11 2014 - 18:16:39 EST

I appreciate you work over the years making pulseaudio not a piece of shit.
Poettering is like a leaf blowing in the wind with an attention span measured in
dog years.

For my main systems I use pure alsa. Everything needed can and is done through it
and it's config files (yes they're complex, but that's the workflow I prefer on
systems I want to have tight control over). When I need to record alsa is where it is at.
It is easy to use alsa config to combine multiple sound cards into one many channel
virtual sound card and record (conncurrently multitrack) using that.

(Though I prefer to use one of the real non-computer multitrack recording devices)

Pulseaudio, well it's fine on fire-and-forget systems I just install to be non-productive
desktops. It has pauvcontrol, an easy gui for when I don't want to be bothered.

That's its value.
Alsa if better for everything else.

Anyway, thanks for fixing what broke linux audio forever. I'm sure that was a long hard
and thankless job. Someone made a mess, was incompetent, and you said "finally he's gone
not to fix this shit and make it work like it promised to".

Thanks for that.