Re: AMR: sun7i: CPU hotplug support?

From: Marc Zyngier
Date: Mon Nov 10 2014 - 04:52:36 EST

On 10/11/14 09:36, Jan Kiszka wrote:
> On 2014-11-10 10:17, Marc Zyngier wrote:

OK - I guess I will need a little guidance in then: Is there a good

>>> Started to play with that patch in naive ways: CPU0 locks up
>>> when offlining CPU1 - unless I disable the FIQ signal from
>>> CPU1. Then it "works", both offlining and onlining again.
>>> However, I suspect that this only parks CPU1 in wfi and does
>>> not do anything interesting to it.
>>
>> Here's how this is supposed to work: - CPU1 sends a FIQ to CPU0,
>> bringing it into secure mode. - CPU0 then kills CPU1 by doing the
>> magic incantations on the power controller
>>
>> What is missing here is all the cache cleaning before signalling
>> CPU0. If you add that, things should look a lot better (patches
>> welcome).
>
> Unsure about this, or maybe this was too simplistic: I added calls
> to u-boot's flush_dcache_all and invalidate_icache_all (right
> after disabling the cache, just like the vendor kernel does), but
> CPU0 still locks up. I suspect there is still a bug in the FIQ
> handling. There is also a suspicious single "@" printed on the
> console. I'll play with the FIQ handler a bit.

The '@' is just my own debug stuff, and might be causing issues too.

Now, you have to realise that by the time you call into this code,
u-boot itself is long gone. Only the tiny bit of code dealing with
PSCI still lives in a bank of static, secure memory. So calling into
u-boot for anything is doomed. You need to actually put the code
inside the PSCI backend.

Thanks,

M.
- --