Re: [GIT] Networking

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sun Oct 19 2014 - 20:32:38 EST

On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 10:23 AM, David Miller <davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A quick batch of bug fixes:

Ho humm.. Here's another networking issue with the current kernel:

nf_reject_ipv6: module license 'unspecified' taints kernel.
Disabling lock debugging due to kernel taint
nf_reject_ipv6: Unknown symbol ip6_local_out (err 0)

Hmm? I'm not sure this is new, but I hadn't noticed it before. The
"unknown symbol" seems to be simply because ip6_local_out is GPL-only,
and without a proper license, 'nf_reject_ipv6' not only taints the
kernel but doesn't link properly..

Looks like the module license issue was just overlooked when moving
the code out in commit c8d7b98bec43 ("netfilter: move nf_send_resetX()
code to nf_reject_ipvX modules").

Linus