Re: current mainline doesn't boot

From: Steve French
Date: Fri Oct 17 2014 - 19:53:13 EST

This is vmware guest

sfrench@ubuntu:~/xfstests$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 70
model name : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4750HQ CPU @ 2.00GHz

(and using 64 bit kernel build) ...

I don't have the Ubuntu config for their mainline kernel test builds
any more (deleted the kernel since it didn't work) but they post their
.config diffs at
http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/daily/current/

I could not get to a console so assumed it died in kernel as x was
coming up. I will have to reinstall current mainline to see if I can
hook up a serial console (I had maximum kernel boot verbose in the
grub.cfg but nothing interesting before the black screen)

--
Thanks,

Steve