Re: aesbs-core.S_shipped?

From: Ard Biesheuvel
Date: Tue Sep 30 2014 - 12:26:27 EST

On 30 September 2014 17:50, Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Ard,
>
> can you explain me why arch/arm/crypto/aesbs-core.S_shipped
> is a _shipped file? I can't find any reason why it should be,
> it's a normal .S file in every way as far as I can tell.

It is generated by aesbs-core.pl, and Russell preferred including it
as a _shipped file rather than generating it from the perl script on
each build. (Note that the Perl script is kept in sync with OpenSSL,
i.e., the goal is to be able to generate the kernel .S and the OpenSSL
userland .S from the same script)

--
Ard.