Re: x86, microcode: BUG: microcode update that changes x86_capability

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Thu Sep 25 2014 - 08:10:21 EST

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 08:36:45AM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> This isn't an useless fix, it will allow systems without early initramfs
> support to operate correctly after a microcode update.

So what do we do if we update the microcode late and some userspace task
is using HLE and all of a sudden it segfaults and gets killed due to
#UD. I'll forward all those complaint emails to you then, no?

:-)

What's saying is, a reboot in this case is maybe the lesser of two evils.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.