Re: [RFC Part2 v1 00/21] Enable hierarchy irqdomian on x86 platforms

From: Yasuaki Ishimatsu
Date: Thu Sep 25 2014 - 04:17:36 EST

(2014/09/25 4:25), Thomas Gleixner wrote:
On Wed, 24 Sep 2014, Yasuaki Ishimatsu wrote:
I cannot imagine why the feature makes x86 irq architecture much more clear
and more easy to maintain in this description. Of course, I have read the
following threads:

https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/9/11/101

Here is the long version of the idea:

https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/8/26/707

This is very helpful for the understanding of this feature.

Thanks,
Yasuaki Ishimatsu

Short version is:

Separate the irq handling entities in a clear layered way instead of
having vector/[io]apic specific knowledge/data in places like msi,
remap etc.

Thanks,

tglx