RE: blk-mq timeout handling fixes

From: Elliott, Robert (Server Storage)
Date: Wed Sep 17 2014 - 17:55:17 EST

I have rerun a variety of tests on:
* Jens' for-next tree that went into 3.17rc5
* plus this series
* plus two patches for infinite recursion on flushes from
Ming and then Christoph

and have not been able to trigger the scsi_times_out req->special
NULL pointer dereference that prompted this series.

Testing includes:
* concurrent heavy workload generators:
* fio high iodepth direct 512 byte random reads (> 1M IOPS)
* programs generating large bursts of paged writes
* mkfs.ext4 (followed by e2fsck)
* mkfs.xfs (followed by xfs_check)
* ddpt
* watch -n 0 sync to generate flushes
* scsi_logging_level MLCOMPLETE set to 0 or 1
* scsi_lib.c patched to put all the ACTION_FAIL messages
under level 1 so they can be squelched (massive error
prints cause more timeouts themselves)
* 4 hpsa and 16 mpt3sas devices (all made from SAS SSDs)
* lockless hpsa driver
* injecting errors
* device removal
* device generating infinite errors
* device generating a brief number of errors

The filesystems don't always recover properly, but nothing in
the block or scsi midlayers crashed.

So, you may add this to the series:
Tested-by: Robert Elliott <elliott@xxxxxx>

---