Re: [RFC 00/14] perf pollfd v3

From: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo
Date: Thu Sep 11 2014 - 17:36:48 EST

Em Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 10:30:29AM -0300, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo escreveu:
> Em Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 01:48:25PM +0200, Jiri Olsa escreveu:
> > so the reason was that my fd lib stuff did not get rebuilt..
>
> Thanks a lot! I missed that one, will fold it into the patch that
> introduces fdarray and add a v2: comment attributing credit to you, so
> that bisection works.

> > you probably want to add attached change, before there's the
> > fix for the apik library

Done, need just to move that fcntl O_NONBLOCK from fdarray__add() to
perf_evlist__add_pollfd(), what I have now is at:

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/acme/linux.git/log/?h=perf/fdarray.v3

In case you want to see if itaddresses your concerns.

The last cset should address what you pointed out about unmapping only
when the events gets completely drained from the ring buffer.

I'll do the fcntl() fix, test your drain-last-events scenario and
repost.

- Arnaldo