Re: [kernel.org PATCH] Li Zefan is now the 3.4 stable maintainer

From: Guenter Roeck
Date: Fri Sep 05 2014 - 09:58:59 EST

On 09/05/2014 12:55 AM, Li Zefan wrote:
Li,

it would be great if you can send me information about your -stable queue,
ie how you maintain it and where it is located. This will enable me to
continue testing the stable queue for the 3.4 kernel.

Thanks for testing LTS kernels!

This is my 3.4.y git tree:

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/lizf/linux-3.4.y.git/

And this is the patch queue:

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/lizf/linux-3.4.y-queue.git/

I use quilt. When I've added some patches to 3.4.y, I'll update this
queue. The patches and series file are under /patches. Currently there's
already a patch in the queue.

When I release a new version, I'll clean up the queue by removing all
the files under /patches.

Hope this is all the information you need. Please tell me if you need
me to slightly adjust my workflow so it's easier for you.

It almost works.

Problem is that the pending patch got converted to use <cr><lf> instead of
just <lf> as common in Linux. When I try to apply it with "git quiltimport",
it bails out with "trailing whitespace" errors. "git am" with the individual
patch works fine for some reason, though.

I can try to find a workaround, but it would be better to have the file in
linux file format to start with. Would that be possible ?

Yeah, I've fixed it. I'll run dos2unix for every patch file.

Yes, it now works. Wonder how it comes that the patch in Greg's patch tree
didn't have the problem. Any idea ?

Guenter