Re: pull request: bluetooth-next 2014-08-14

From: Marcel Holtmann
Date: Fri Aug 15 2014 - 12:32:18 EST

Hi John,

>> Here's our first bluetooth-next pull request for the 3.18 kernel. Our
>> tree is based on net-next so you'd need to pull from there first before
>> pulling from our tree.
>
> What did you need from net-next that made you base on that instead
> of wireless-next? I generally like to decide for myself what level
> of net-next needs to be the base of wireless-next...

mainly the merge conflict resolution for 6lowpan and all the ieee802154 patches before we ended up taking this through bluetooth-next. It just made sense to start out with a clean base tree in this case.

If you prefer, then we can just do that against a new wireless-next tree once you have that ready. I honestly just assumed you are going to pull net-next anyway. So my apologizes for that.

Regards

Marcel