Re: 3.16-rcX crashes on resume from Suspend-To-RAM

From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Wed Aug 06 2014 - 14:37:47 EST

On Wednesday, August 06, 2014 11:31:07 AM Markus Gutschke wrote:
> I tried removing snd_hda_intel, but it didn't make any difference.
>
> I then followed your instructions to turn on tracing, but I am more
> puzzled than I was before. The crash reliably happens, every time I
> suspend/resume without first having tracing turned on. But as soon as
> I enter "echo devices >/sys/power/pm_test" to enable tracing things
> change. Upon suspending, the machine now happily resumes itself again
> a few seconds later. No crash whatsoever.
>
> Is this the expected behavior? Anything else you want me to do?

Yes, it is. This means that suspending/resuming devices works correctly.

Please try

# echo platform > /sys/power/pm_test

and see if that triggers the crash.

If it doesn't, please try

# echo processors > /sys/power/pm_test

and if that doesn't trigger the crash,

# echo core > /sys/power/pm_test

(this is described in Documentation/power/basic-pm-debugging.txt in the kernel
source tree, BTW).

Rafael