Re: [LKP] [sched/numa] a43455a1d57: +94.1% proc-vmstat.numa_hint_faults_local

From: Davidlohr Bueso
Date: Fri Aug 01 2014 - 16:46:47 EST

On Thu, 2014-07-31 at 18:16 +0200, Jirka Hladky wrote:
> Peter, I'm seeing regressions for
>
> SINGLE SPECjbb instance for number of warehouses being the same as total
> number of cores in the box.
>
> Example: 4 NUMA node box, each CPU has 6 cores => biggest regression is
> for 24 warehouses.

By looking at your graph, that's around a 10% difference.

So I'm not seeing anywhere near as bad a regression on a 80-core box.
Testing single with 80 warehouses, I get:

tip/master baseline:
677476.36 bops
705826.70 bops
704870.87 bops
681741.20 bops
707014.59 bops

Avg: 695385.94 bops

tip/master + patch (NUMA_SCALE/8 variant):
698242.66 bops
693873.18 bops
707852.28 bops
691785.96 bops
747206.03 bopsthis

Avg: 707792.022 bops

So both these are pretty similar, however, when reverting, on avg we
increase the amount of bops a mere ~4%:

tip/master + reverted:
778416.02 bops
702602.62 bops
712557.32 bops
713982.90 bops
783300.36 bops

Avg: 738171.84 bops

Are there perhaps any special specjbb options you are using?