Re: smp-cmp.c: CDFIXMES

From: Paul Burton
Date: Wed Jul 23 2014 - 02:47:11 EST

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 12:40:59AM -0400, Nick Krause wrote:
> Are the lines with CDFIXME still needed? If not please tell me as I
> will send in a patch removing these
> two from this file in order to help you guys out :).
> Cheers Nick

Hi Nick,

I imagine the only answer any of us can give you is "we don't know". If
we did then we'd have removed the code or the comments already.

Please do note that the smp-cmp.c file lives behind a Kconfig option
that is now marked as deprecated, and that there is other work going on
in areas related to clocksource & clock events on the applicable
systems. So whilst someone could spend the time figuring out whether
those lines are useful, I expect that cleaning up these old FIXMEs is
not a particularly high priority for anyone right now.

If you'll leave them alone for a while I expect they'll disappear one
way or another in a few cycles time, along with the rest of the file.

Thanks,
Paul