Re: fs: use after free in /proc/pid/mountinfo

From: David Rientjes
Date: Tue Jul 15 2014 - 19:01:46 EST

On Tue, 15 Jul 2014, Sasha Levin wrote:

> I've been running mainline for a while, and while I can reproduce a different
> bug for Hugh, I can't reproduce this one at all. Not sure how to call it now,
> maybe memory corruption from somewhere else (I did find an unrelated memory
> corruption couple days ago)?

I have a very large /proc/pid/mountinfo on one of my busy systems with VM
and slub debugging enabled and have not been able to reproduce the issue
while reading it in a loop for 24 hours. I would call the patch good on
that basis, but it's very strange you'd report this problem a day after
the patch was merged and could not reproduce it once it was reverted.
(Unless the patch was misapplied locally and reapplying it now worked, but
I doubt you originally merged -mm patches into a local tree yourself.)