Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the tty.current tree

From: Peter Hurley
Date: Tue Jul 15 2014 - 13:49:54 EST

On 07/12/2014 09:02 AM, Peter Hurley wrote:
On 07/11/2014 09:20 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
Hi Peter,

On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 11:06:56 -0400 Peter Hurley <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sorry about that. I don't have a full cross-compiler setup for
build testing. Looks like that's something I'm going to have to add.

see https://www.kernel.org/pub/tools/crosstool/

These are only good for building the kernel (no libc).

You don't necessarily need to build the whole kernel but often just
building the particular drivers is enough. Especially if they are
directly modified ...

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the link. I had found Shuah Khan's slideshow pdf on cross-compiler
packages earlier and so have already started down that path.

Just an fyi,

The cross-compiler packages of the emdebian project in the unstable (aka, "sid")
distribution have broken dependencies.

So the instructions here
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/sites/events/files/slides/Shuah_Khan_cross_compile_linux.pdf
and here