Re: Arm Compiler - Part 1 of Compiling Tests

From: Jason Cooper
Date: Tue Jul 08 2014 - 10:37:19 EST

Nick,

Please don't top-post. I've fixed it up ...

On Mon, Jul 07, 2014 at 01:35:24PM -0400, Nick Krause wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 9:46 AM, Theodore Ts'o <tytso@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 07, 2014 at 01:22:13AM -0400, Nick Krause wrote:
> >> Here are my logs of the builds attached with warnings if they succeed
> >> for now failing arm configs
> >> according to the tests here,
> >
> > fs/direct-io.c: In function â__blockdev_direct_IOâ:
> > fs/direct-io.c:1011:12: warning: âtoâ may be used uninitialized in this
> > function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
> > u = (to - from) >> blkbits;
> >
> > OK, do you see why this is a false positive? And why asking the
> > thousands of people "in the commmunity" to all do exactly the same
> > evaluation is a massive waste of time?

I already sent a patch explaining it was a false-positive and silencing
the warning:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linux/kernel/1956499

> In addition all the arm configs that were failing for linux next to
> compile that didn't succeed are succeeded as of now. That seems useful
> to tell the arm developers.

We already have a buildbot running and automated boot testing. The
mailinglist is here:

Links to the reports are in the emails. Please review and see if there
is anything we're missing. Please keep in mind this is a volunteer task
for those currently running it. Contributions would be much more
appreciated than good ideas ;-)

thx,

Jason.