Re: [RFC 0/2] __vdso_findsym

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Sun Jun 15 2014 - 22:36:17 EST

At least versioning is always useful to have, just to have
another tool for compatibility if changes are needed.

Not sure about weak, but it can't hurt. It seems to be standard practice
in glibc.

I haven't looked into this in detail, but my initial assumption would
be that it wouldn't be useful to add new vdso interfaces just for Go.
After all would you really want to force ever Go user to upgrade their
kernel just to get fast fime? So it has to work with whatever is already
there anyways.

I agree that current interface is not great (I didn't design it BTW,
just adapted it from i386), but it should be implementable.

-Andi
--
ak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -- Speaking for myself only.