Re: [RFC] irqchip: gic: always mask interrupts during suspend

From: Thomas Gleixner
Date: Tue Jun 10 2014 - 19:34:52 EST

On Tue, 10 Jun 2014, Brian Norris wrote:
> Other random thought: it seems like any irqchip driver which does lazy IRQ
> masking ought to use IRQCHIP_MASK_ON_SUSPEND. So maybe the IRQ core should just
> do something like:
>
> if (!chip->irq_disable)
> chip->flags |= IRQCHIP_MASK_ON_SUSPEND;

No. Lazy irq disable and the suspend logic are different beasts.

That's up to the platform to decide this. Just for the record: there
is a world outside of ARM...

But that brings me to a different question:

Why are you not putting that customization into the device tree
instead of trying to add this to some random arch/arm/mach-foo
files?

Thanks,

tglx