Re: [RFC 2/2] x86_64: expand kernel stack to 16K

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu May 29 2014 - 21:30:33 EST

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 5:05 PM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So maybe test a patch something like the attached.
>
> NOTE! This is absolutely TOTALLY UNTESTED!

It's still untested, but I realized that the whole
"blk_flush_plug_list(plug, true);" thing is pointless, since
schedule() itself will do that for us.

So I think you can remove the

+ struct blk_plug *plug = current->plug;
+ if (plug)
+ blk_flush_plug_list(plug, true);

part from congestion_timeout().

Not that it should *hurt* to have it there, so I'm not bothering to
send a changed patch.

And again, no actual testing by me on any of this, just looking at the code.

Linus