Re: General protection fault - bug report 3.12.18

From: Konstantin Khlebnikov
Date: Tue May 20 2014 - 12:57:23 EST

I've looked into second crash. Just because gmail has marked that
email as important for some reason =)

In function tid_fd_revalidate(), in line "file = fcheck_files(files,
fd)" file = is 0x0000000004000000 instead of valid pointer or NULL.
This value has only one non-zero bit, so this looks like memory
curruption.

More likely this is hardware problem. Please check you memory with
memtest86 and/or try to replace it.