Re: [Xen-devel] Backport request to stable of two performance related fixes for xen-blkfront (3.13 fixes to earlier trees)

From: Roger Pau Monné
Date: Tue May 20 2014 - 06:32:21 EST

On 20/05/14 11:54, Vitaly Kuznetsov wrote:
> Vitaly Kuznetsov <vkuznets@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> 1) ramdisks (/dev/ram*) (persistent grants and indirect descriptors
>> disabled)
>
> sorry, there was a typo. persistent grants and indirect descriptors are
> enabled with ramdisks, otherwise such testing won't make any sense.

I'm not sure how is that possible, from your description I get that you
are using 3.11 on the Dom0, which means blkback has support for
persistent grants and indirect descriptors, but the guest is RHEL7,
that's using the 3.10 kernel AFAICT, and this kernel only has persistent
grants implemented.

Roger.