Re: Dell Latitude E6440 & i8k

From: Guenter Roeck
Date: Sat May 17 2014 - 11:35:55 EST

On 05/16/2014 12:23 PM, Pali RohÃr wrote:
On Friday 16 May 2014 21:11:17 Jean Delvare wrote:
Hi Pali,

On Fri, 16 May 2014 20:37:41 +0200, Pali RohÃr wrote:
Hello,

on Dell Latitude E6440 driver i8k reporting total nonsense
values

That's kind of excessive wording, the output isn't that bad.

I mean fan RPM & temp4. Those are for sure incorrect.

$ sensors
i8k-virtual-0
Adapter: Virtual device
Right Fan: 93450 RPM
CPU: +57.0ÂC
temp2: +57.0ÂC
temp3: +40.0ÂC
temp4: +127.0ÂC

Right Fan and temp4 are for sure incorrect.

Driver is reverse-engineered so this is best effort and some
tweaking may be needed.

Ok, if driver is developed without any documentation, then it
make sense that not working correctly on new machines...

So is not there any documentation? I think that Dell released
some SMM/BIOS code... But I'm not sure about it.

If you find it, please let us know.

Guenter