Re: [patch 0/3] futex/rtmutex: Fix issues exposed by trinity

From: Peter Zijlstra
Date: Thu May 15 2014 - 03:37:50 EST

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 04:59:58PM -0400, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> Nobody has looked at this code in years, likely because all parties
> thought they were done, but had in fact agreed to distinct expectations
> and assumptions about the implementation.

That's just not true, we've been >< close to hijacking all the
libpthread functionality from glibc through a kernel DSO in order to get
some movement.

Glibc has been known broken and unwilling to change for years and its
lead to immense frustration with people.

> I want it fix, and I'm in a position to move resources to fix it.

That's great news, and about bloody time too :-)