Filesystem lockup with CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT

From: Austin Schuh
Date: Tue May 13 2014 - 22:29:20 EST

Hi,

I am observing a filesystem lockup with XFS on a CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT
patched kernel. I have currently only triggered it using dpkg. Dave
Chinner on the XFS mailing list suggested that it was a rt-kernel
workqueue issue as opposed to a XFS problem after looking at the
kernel messages.

$ uname -a
Linux vpc5 3.10.24-rt22abs #15 SMP PREEMPT RT Tue May 13 14:42:22 PDT
2014 x86_64 GNU/Linux

The only modification to the kernel besides the RT patch is that I
have applied tglx's "genirq: Sanitize spurious interrupt detection of
threaded irqs" patch.

Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Is there any information that I can pull before I reboot the machine
that would be useful? I have the output of triggering sysrq with l
and t if that would be useful. Attached is the kernel blocked task
message output.

Thanks,
Austin