Re: mapping instructions to dynamic languages like java, python, ruby

From: Stephane Eranian
Date: Tue Apr 22 2014 - 15:05:23 EST

Hi Don,

I have been working on the JIT code support for a while now.
I have something working well for more than Java now. It reuses
some of the same principles as the OProfile support but extend
them to support more advanced JIT features such as address
recycling and code movements.

I intend to contribute that code for perf once it is finalized.
Note that it uses a module developed by Sonny Rao to
export the perf timestamp time source via a posix-clock.
This clock discussion has been going on for a while and
never reached a conclusion. So I decided to go with the
simple posix-clock module for the time being.

Thanks.