Re: [ext4] BUG: sleeping function called from invalid context at fs/ext4/ext4_jbd2.c:252

From: Theodore Ts'o
Date: Fri Apr 18 2014 - 11:25:13 EST

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 11:33:46AM +0800, Fengguang Wu wrote:

> FYI, we noticed that simple dd write can trigger the below BUG in
> commit 208b9cc3a32f29b8a9bba682b5bfbb962bc9892d ("ext4: add a new
> spinlock i_raw_lock to protect the ext4's raw inode")

Yes, that was a buggy version of the patch that I thought was fairly
quickly replaced with a new version; something must have gone wrong
with how I pushed out my git branches. Anyway I'm pretty sure it's
not there on ext4.git any more. Let me know if you're still seeing
it, and from which branch.

Cheers,

- Ted