Re: [Intel-gfx] REGRESSION 3.14 i915 warning & mouse cursor vanishing

From: Daniel Vetter
Date: Tue Apr 15 2014 - 15:43:25 EST

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 11:56:03AM -0700, Steven Noonan wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 11:35:05AM -0700, Keith Packard wrote:
> > Steven Noonan <steven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> >
> > > Was using my machine normally, then my mouse cursor vanished. After switching
> > > to a VT and back to X11, my cursor came back. But I did notice a nasty trace in
> > > dmesg (below).
> >
> > I don't think the trace below is related to the cursor disappearing.
>
> Any idea what the trace is all about then? Seems it has something to do
> with runtime power management (maybe my aggressive kernel command-line
> options are triggering it).

Please test without them. Currently runtime pm should be disabled still on
vlv (since it's incomplete in 3.14). If you've force-enabled that then you
get to keep all pieces ;-)

In general don't set any i915 options if you're not a developer or someone
else who _really_ knows what's going on.
-Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation