[RFC][9/11][MANUX] Kernel compatibility : ext2's dtime field?

From: Emmanuel Colbus
Date: Tue Apr 15 2014 - 10:05:32 EST

Now, another question. In ext2, what is the point of the dtime field?
Personaly, I'm never setting it, because, well, if an inode is removed,
it's removed, and nobody is supposed to access it again; and anyways,
since no syscall allows seeing it, the dtime seems to me like nothing
but an information leakage. But I doubt you would have put a useless
data in the filesystem, so I'm likely overlooking something; if so, what
is it?