Re: [Query]: tick-sched: why don't we stop tick when we are running idle task?

From: Preeti Murthy
Date: Mon Apr 14 2014 - 05:48:49 EST

Hi Viresh,

I am not too sure about the complexity or the worthiness of this patch but
just wanted to add that care must be taken to migrate the tick_sched_timer
of all the remote CPUs off a hotplugged out CPU if the latter was keeping
their time thus far. In the normal scenario I am guessing the tick_sched_timer
dies along with the hotplugged out CPU since there is no need for it any more.

Regards
Preeti U Murthy