Re: Cryogenic: Enabling Power-Aware Applications on Linux

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Fri Apr 11 2014 - 06:19:37 EST

Hi!

> Cryogenic is the result of my Master's Thesis, completed at the Technical University
> of Munich under the supervision of Christian Grothoff. You can find more information
> about Cryogenic at https://gnunet.org/cryogenic

Do you have any measurements how much power it actually saves?

What would be cool for phones....

"I'd like to download my mails from IMAP server in next 30
minutes. But... it would be better done when I'm on 3G network with
good signal (0.01W transmit power used for 3 seconds) than on GPRS
with poor signal (2W transmit power for 4 minutes)..."

Pavel