Re: [RFC] dt: bindings: add bindings for Broadcom bcm43xx sdio devices

From: Arend van Spriel
Date: Fri Apr 11 2014 - 04:07:23 EST

On 10/04/14 23:27, Jörg Krause wrote:
On 02/13/14 10:28, Chen-Yu Tsai wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 5:13 PM, Tomasz Figa<tomasz.figa@> wrote:
Hi Arend,

On 10.02.2014 20:17, Arend van Spriel wrote:

[...]

Hi Chen-Yu,

picking up this thread.

AFAIK, the pinctrl in tied to the device node, and is selected when the
device
is registered. The MMC subsystem currently does not register child nodes,
so
this would be useless.

So if MMC does not register child nodes, brcmfmac will not be probed
with of_node set? Have there been patches submitted for this in mmc
subsystem recently.

[...]

Sascha Hauer submitted a patch a week ago. Link:
https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/4/3/522 <https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/4/3/522>

Thanks, Jörg

It is a partial solution, but it seems to conflict with my change. So thanks for the heads up. I am not convinced whether the GPIO and clock should be bound to the function. They seem more a property of the card/device inserted.

Regards,
Arend