Re: Bumping required kernels to 3.0 for Linux backports ?

From: Arend van Spriel
Date: Fri Apr 11 2014 - 03:51:53 EST

On 10/04/14 20:56, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 10:04 AM, Arend van Spriel <arend@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ok, I guess my voice was cracking when I mentioned 2.6.38 as being used over
here. I am probably alone in that desert.

I thought broadcom didn't use backports? If they do can you explain
how? Also what drivers do you need enabled for your use case ?

That was 2 years ago when you asked me ;-) Since then I have been using it to backport the brcm80211 mainline drivers to 1) Android kernel, ie. 3.4 kernel, and 2) Fedora 19 which is actually fixed to 3.11 kernel.

So we use backports these days for enabling brcm80211 drivers on various test equipment that uses older kernels.

Regards,
Arend