Re: ktap and ebpf integration

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Fri Apr 04 2014 - 10:20:52 EST

> Anyway, I think there will don't have any necessary to upstream
> ktap any more, I still enjoy the simplicity and flexibility given

Not sure how you got to that conclusion.

You were asked to evaluate if EBPF is an alternative
for ktap. It looks like the answer is no. So the original KTAP VM design
is back on the table. You can continue pursuing to merge that.
No reason to give up.

BTW I agree that EBPF won't work for ktap. The models
(static vs dynamic typing etc.) are just too different.
But it's good that it was studied in detail.

-Andi

--
ak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -- Speaking for myself only.