Re: [GIT PULL] cgroup changes for v3.15-rc1

From: Tejun Heo
Date: Fri Apr 04 2014 - 08:04:42 EST

On Thu, Apr 03, 2014 at 01:02:45PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > The cgroup_root should be destroyed but it isn't, I think. We'd need
> > to bump cgroup_root's refcnt only when a new sb is created. It's
> > kinda ugly. Hmmm...
>
> Ok, so I guess we can use that "new_sb_created" thing, and I'll redo
> my merge resolution to reflect that. I do find this incredibly ugly.

I apparently missed the issue and designed the interface without
considering this ugliness. Maybe kernfs could be made to wrap rather
than providing mount/kill_sb() functions and hide details about sb or
we can simply add fstype->umount() so that there's symmetry; however,
the problem is kernfs-specific and other kernfs users would have
single static backing store and won't need to care about this, so, for
now, I think what it's a ugly but acceptable compromise.

Thanks.

--
tejun