Re: [RFC] blk-mq: support for shared tags

From: Christoph Hellwig
Date: Wed Apr 02 2014 - 03:46:45 EST

On Tue, Apr 01, 2014 at 05:16:21PM -0700, Matias Bjorling wrote:
> Hi Christoph,
>
> Can you rebase it on top of 3.14. I have trouble applying it for testing.

Hi Martin,

the series is based on top of Jens' for-next branch. I've also pushed out a
git tree to the blk-mq-share-tags.2 branch of

git://git.infradead.org/users/hch/scsi.git

to make testing and reviewing easier.

> For nvme, there's need for two separate types of queues. The admin queue
> (before initializing blk-mq) and the actual hardware queues.
>
> Should we allow the driver to get/put tags before initializing blk-mq?
> Or let drivers implement their own framework?

What do you mean with initializing blk-mq? We need to allocate data
structures for sure, and I don't see much else in terms of initialization
in blk-mq.