Re: [Suggestion] Makefile: about allmodconfig issue.

From: Chen Gang
Date: Sat Mar 15 2014 - 23:27:25 EST

On 03/16/2014 05:36 AM, Randy Dunlap wrote:
> On 03/15/2014 02:30 PM, Chen Gang wrote:
>> [...]
>>>>

>>> If the fix patch applied (don't depend on IRQ_DOMAIN), I guess, if one
>>> architecture don't support IRQ_DOMAIN, GPIO_DWAPB may still be enabled
>>> and then let IRQ_DOMAIN enable too.
>>>

>> Is it possible to still go further? For me, I still think, this is not
>> gpio driver's issue, the kbuild need be improved to support this using case.
>>
>> So, if it is necessary, I will/should try to go further about it.
>

> If you can demonstrate a problem, then please submit a patch for it,
> but don't just hypothesize a problem, actually show that there is one.

We are discussing this gpio driver's issue, and also discussing one fix
patch (remove IRQ_DOMAIN dependency).

For me, when discussing one patch (e.g. this fix patch), it is necessary
for patch maker to provide proofs to clear all related doubts from any
members (e.g. me).

And theoretically, 'kbuild' need support (implement correctly) the
priority between 'select' and 'depends on', or it can not express all
related features (although it can not cause real world issue, now).

Thanks.
--
Chen Gang

Open, share and attitude like air, water and life which God blessed