Re: bad rss-counter message in 3.14rc5

From: Sasha Levin
Date: Tue Mar 11 2014 - 10:59:07 EST

On 03/11/2014 10:37 AM, Cyrill Gorcunov wrote:
On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 10:28:17AM -0400, Dave Jones wrote:
On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 05:41:58PM +0400, Cyrill Gorcunov wrote:

> > >Dave, is it possible to somehow figure out was someone reading pagemap file
> > >at moment of the bug triggering?
> >
> > We can sprinkle printk()s wherever might be useful, might not be 100% accurate but
> > should be close enough to confirm/deny the theory.
>
> After reading some more, I suppose the idea I had is wrong, investigating.
> Will ping if I find something.

I can rule it out anyway, I can reproduce this by telling trinity to do nothing
other than mmap()'s. I'll try and narrow down the exact parameters.

Dave, iirc trinity can write log file pointing which exactly syscall sequence
was passed, right? Share it too please.

I've sent one of those last time I reported this issue:

https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/1/22/625

Thanks,
Sasha