Re: bad rss-counter message in 3.14rc5

From: Sasha Levin
Date: Tue Mar 11 2014 - 09:23:48 EST

On 03/11/2014 09:20 AM, Cyrill Gorcunov wrote:
On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 01:30:17AM -0400, Dave Jones wrote:

> > > I don't see any holes in regular migration. Do you know if this is
> > > reproducible with CONFIG_NUMA_BALANCING=n or CONFIG_NUMA=n?
> >
> > CONFIG_NUMA_BALANCING was n already btw, so I'll do a NUMA=n run.
>
> There probably isn't much point unless trinity is using
> sys_move_pages(). Is it? If so it would be interesting to disable
> trinity's move_pages calls and see if it still fails.

Ok, with move_pages excluded it still oopses.

Dave, is it possible to somehow figure out was someone reading pagemap file
at moment of the bug triggering?

We can sprinkle printk()s wherever might be useful, might not be 100% accurate but
should be close enough to confirm/deny the theory.

Thanks,
Sasha