Re: [Patch Part2 V2 15/17] iommu/vt-d, PCI: update DRHD/RMRR/ATSR device scope caches when PCI hotplug happens

From: David Woodhouse
Date: Mon Mar 10 2014 - 09:05:02 EST

On Mon, 2014-03-10 at 16:46 +0800, Jiang Liu wrote:
> Hi David,
> Good suggestion! It should make hotplug logic simpler too.
> Will try to work out some patches for it.

Before doing so, please be aware of the WIP at
http://git.infradead.org/users/dwmw2/linux-andd.git

This is the support for DMA mapping for ACPI devices. Largely thrown
together on a plane above the Atlantic over the last day, so mostly
untested, but a lot of it is fairly simply switching to using 'struct
device' instead of assuming 'struct pci_dev' everywhere.

For now I've taken the simple approach of using the ->devices array, and
*expanding* it to contain the bus+devfn to use for ACPI devices too.

--
dwmw2