Re: perf samples too long without perf running (?!?)

From: Paul Bolle
Date: Sat Mar 08 2014 - 12:12:56 EST

On Sat, 2014-03-08 at 08:22 -0800, Andy Lutomirski wrote:
> Is it just me or is this whole situation screwed up for multiple reasons?

One minor reason would be that this message should read (say)
perf samples taking too long (2503 ns > 2500 ns), [...]

At least, that's what I thought after diving into the code to see what
was causing warnings like these.

And, since apparently things are just fine without administrator
intervention, I'd say another minor reason is that printing this at
KERN_INFO or KERN_NOTICE level should be enough here.

Paul Bolle