[BUG] Description for memmap in kernel-parameters.txt is wrong

From: Andiry Xu
Date: Thu Jan 30 2014 - 11:53:02 EST

Hi,

In kernel-parameters.txt, there is following description:

memmap=nn[KMG]$ss[KMG]
[KNL,ACPI] Mark specific memory as reserved.
Region of memory to be used, from ss to ss+nn.

Unfortunately this is incorrect. The meaning of nn and ss is reversed.
For example:

Command Expected Result
memmap 2G$6G 6G - 8G reserved 2G - 8G reserved
memmap 6G$2G 2G - 8G reserved 6G - 8G reserved

Test kernel version 3.13, but I believe the issue has been there long ago.

I'm not sure whether the description or implementation should be
fixed, but apparently they do not match.

Thanks,
Andiry