Re: AMD microcode loading broken on 32 bit

From: Boris Ostrovsky
Date: Tue Jan 28 2014 - 16:04:43 EST

On 01/28/2014 03:52 PM, Borislav Petkov wrote:
On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 03:43:57PM -0500, Boris Ostrovsky wrote:
It fixes the case when there is no microcode in initrd but when
microcode is corrupted (as was the case when we were pointing to Intel
binary) we still die. Neither container nor ucode_cpio.data is NULL in
this case.
How is that possible? Did you generate a path in the cpio by the name of

"kernel/x86/microcode/AuthenticAMD.bin"

but with Intel microcode in it?

Yes. This was a bug in our build environment. It is fixed now but I put this
bug back when I was testing your patch.

-boris