Re: [GIT PULL] KEYS: Miscellaneous fixes

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Dec 12 2013 - 16:31:53 EST

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 12:40 PM, David Howells <dhowells@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Could you pull the following fixes for the keyring stuff.

Pulled. However, I notice that the following issue remains with module
key signing, and I *think* it was introduced in the -rc1 pull:

- start with clean kernel sources

- build kernel ("make -j16" or whatever after doing your config)

- build kernel again ("make -j" - nothing has changed):

X.509 certificate list changed
CERTS kernel/x509_certificate_list
- Including cert /home/torvalds/v2.6/linux/signing_key.x509
AS kernel/system_certificates.o
LD kernel/built-in.o

which causes it to relink the kernel.

- build kernel yet again, and now finally it doesn't build/link anything.

So some rule for the certificate list seems to be broken. I'm pretty
sure this didn't happen in 3.12. Any ideas?

Linus