Re: process 'stuck' at exit.

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Tue Dec 10 2013 - 19:05:19 EST

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 06:00:09PM -0500, Dave Jones wrote:

> The only thing I'm still unclear on, is how that pid allegedly wasn't doing
> a futex call as part of its run. The only thing I can think of is that
> the other pid that _did_ do a futex call did it on a page that was MAP_SHARED
> between all the other children, and this 'spin forever' thing only
> happens when the last process with a reference on that page exits ?

Which thread did not do the futex call? The one that was spinning? No, that one
most definitely was, at least according to the stack trace trace you posted:

trinity-child27-10818 [001] 89790.703547: kernel_stack: <stack trace>
=> futex_requeue (ffffffff810df18a)
=> do_futex (ffffffff810e019e)
=> SyS_futex (ffffffff810e0de1)
=> tracesys (ffffffff81760be4)

It did a futex() system call.

Or are you talking about another thread?

-- Steve