Re: SELinux change in 3.13 causes sync hang

From: Eric Paris
Date: Tue Dec 10 2013 - 15:11:40 EST

On Tue, 2013-12-10 at 15:06 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> We've had a report[1] in Fedora of sync(1) hanging after logging into
> GNOME and running the command in a terminal. I was able to recreate
> this on my local system and did a git bisect. The bisect blames:
>
> commit 102aefdda4d8275ce7d7100bc16c88c74272b260
> Author: Anand Avati <avati@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Tue Apr 16 18:56:19 2013 -0400
>
> selinux: consider filesystem subtype in policies

I think this should revert cleanly (and if so is what we should do).
Josh is testing that right now...

Anand, I know policy ships with:
fs_use_xattr fuse.glusterfs gen_context(system_u:object_r:fs_t,s0);
So we must have a bug where other fuse filesystems are tripping on this
rule. Since we are trying to use xattrs on a gvfs filesystem.

/me still grows that fuse refuses to respond to xattr requests until
mount(8) (that's right mount(8) not even mount(3) completes)