Re: UBIFS recovery taking too long

From: Adrian Hunter
Date: Tue Dec 10 2013 - 02:17:16 EST

On 09/12/13 23:30, Shuah Khan wrote:
> Adding ubifs maintainers.
>
> -- Shuah
>
> On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 1:53 PM, David Mosberger-Tang
> <dmosberger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I've had no luck getting any response from the linux-mtd mailing list
>> regarding the issue reported below.
>> I think it is a very serious issue since it can easily render an
>> embedded system unusable.
>>
>> --david

Slowness is probably caused by trying to make free space. Was the file
system very full? A smaller journal might help.

Probably the only way to determine worst-case recovery time is to test it.
Worst case conditions are likely to be a full journal and a nearly full file
system.

Ideally you want to capture a file system image that exhibits the slow
behaviour, then you can enable debug messages and see what it is doing.