Staging: tidspbridge: disable driver

From: Ivajlo Dimitrov
Date: Sat Nov 30 2013 - 04:58:32 EST

Hi,

(re-sending in plain text, sorry for the noise)

commit https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=930ba4a374b96560ef9fde2145cdc454a164ddcc
disables tidspbridge driver for the reasons it has a security bug and there is no active maintainer.
I was following the development of that driver for a bit and my impression was that the reason it is
still in staging is this http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-omap/msg84115.html . And as dmtimer
driver is on its way to be merged upstream(or was it already merged?) I was planning to work on
tidspbridge driver to fix it and send the patches. I also have a couple of another small patches
ready to be send.

However, could you elaborate on the "security bug" so I can try to fix it and send the patch?
Also, what needs to be done for the tidspdriver to get out of staging as it seems that what I
though initially is incorrect.

Regards,
Ivo

PS: my further mails will be from this account on gmal as it seems LKML does not like
my abv.bg account (freemangordon at abv dot bg)