Re: [patch] drivers: phy: tweaks to phy_create()

From: Kishon Vijay Abraham I
Date: Wed Nov 06 2013 - 03:11:40 EST

Hi,

On Wednesday 06 November 2013 01:24 PM, Dan Carpenter wrote:
If this was called with a NULL "dev" then it lead to a NULL dereference
when we called dev_WARN(). I have changed it to WARN_ON() so that we
get a stack dump and can fix the caller.

If ida_simple_get() failed then there was a missing call to kfree(phy).

There was already a patch fixing it.
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kishon/linux-phy.git fixes

The rest of this patch is just cleanup like returning directly instead
of having do-nothing gotos. Using descriptive labels instead of

Grouping the err returns in the end looked a bit cleaner to me. It's just a matter of preference I guess.
GW-BASIC style "err0" and "err1". I also flipped the order of
put_device() and ida_remove() so they are a mirror reflection of the
order they were allocated.

Thanks
Kishon